Thank you for reading my posts about the red velvet crinkles that I baked during the weekend -that’s on a Friday. Saturday is another baking time for me and this time I tried to bake BROWNIES. But instead of using a regular pan I used cups. I planned to put some buttercream frosting on top but my mom told me not to because the brownie itself is good enough.
I got this recipe from my Aunt Betty (Crocker). The recipe is very easy to follow and the ingredients are not hard to find.
125g unsalted butter, cubed
125g chocolate chips
3 eggs, lightly whisked
335g (1 1/2 cups) white sugar
115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
30g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
- When making the brownies, preheat oven to 350°F
- Melt butter in a saucepan large enough to mix all ingredients in.
- Mix in cocoa, remove from heat and stir in sugar.
- Add eggs and mix well, then add vanilla essence.
- Sift flour and baking powder and salt, mix to combine.
- Fold the chocolate chips
- Do not over mix.
- Pour into the cups and bake for 25 minutes or until brownie springs back when touched lightly.
- Cool completely.
The Brownie Cups may look holey on top but once you take a bite the inside is solid and a bit cakey. :) Let me know if you have other flavors of brownies or cake recipes and I would love to try it too!